Faith and Spirituality: Temples, Churches and Mosques in Kerala
Kerala is known for its scenic beauty. However, Kerala has a lot to see and do. These include the famous temple churches of Kerala.
A trip to Kerala, the Land of Gods, provides powerful insight into spirituality and religion. And they are an important part of people's lives here. Most Keralites start their day by visiting temples and shrines and performing daily rituals and pujas.
Kerala Religious Festival
The people of Kerala celebrate religious festivals on a grand scale and with great enthusiasm each year. Devotees from all over the country flock to Kerala to join the celebration.
So, next time you visit Kerala, be sure to visit its famous temples and churches to get a feel for the spirituality and faith that pervades this beautiful state.
Trisur Puram is an important festival that is celebrated on a large scale every year. Celebrations are held in Thrissur from April to May.
Kerala is not only highly literate, it is also one of the most secular states in India. Therefore, Kerala has many temples, churches and mosques.
Did you know?
During the famous Sabarimala pilgrimage, devotees pay their respects to the Vavar Mosque, followed by a visit to the Church of St. Sabbastian and then to the Sabarimala Temple to worship Lord Ayyappa.
Where else can you find such unbiased belief and such pure spiritual connection?
Spirituality and Religion: Temples and Churches of Kerala
Kerala is full of famous temples, churches and mosques. Let's look at some of them.
Padmanabha Swamy Temple, Thiruvananthapuram
During your stay in Kerala, be sure to visit the famous Padmanabha His Swami Temple in Thiruvananthapuram.
The temple is dedicated to Lord Padmanabha (Lord Vishnu) reclining on the serpent Ananta.
In fact, this temple is one of the 108 most revered Vishnu temples in India. And the majestic and detailed architecture of the temple will surely catch your eye.
Mangala Devi Temple
The Mangala Devi Temple, located on a mountain about 15 km from Thekkady, is open to visitors on the day of the Chitra Purnami festival.
Sabarimala Temple, Pattanamthittha
The Sabarimala Temple is one of Kerala's most sacred pilgrimage sites and is visited by millions of devotees each year.
These believers embarked on a difficult pilgrimage to reach the temple. And many pilgrims dare to climb barefoot.
The temple is dedicated to the god Ayyappa and is located about 190 km from Thiruvananthapuram. SREE Krishna Temple, Guruvayur Guruvayur temple is also an important shrine in Kerala. Not surprisingly, thousands of pilgrims from different parts of the country visit here every year.
Did you know?
This temple stands out from others in that the daily temple ceremonies are performed on a much larger scale.
Other famous temples in Kerala are:
- Thirunakara Mahadev Temple, Kottayam
- Vadakkumnathan Temple, Thrissur
- Kadampuzha Temple Malappuram
- Chottanikkara Temple Ernakulam
- Etumanor Shiva Temple
- Parasurama Temple
- Thiruvaram and Attukal Temple, Thiruvananthapuram
- Tuta Bhagavathi Temple, Malappuram
- Nerikurangala Bhagavathi Temple, Palukad
- Pervanam Temple, Thrissur etc. St. Francis Church, Ernakulam Cochin
- Built in 1503 and restored in 1795, St. Francis Church is the oldest European church in India.
- Did you know? Vasco di Gama's tombstone can be found here.
Other churches in Kerala are:
St. Mary's Church in Kottayam
Saint Sebastian Church, Alsankar
Chelyapali Malayatul Church
St. George's Church Edatur Alleppey
Famous mosque in kerala
- Cheraman Juma Masjid, Kodungalore
- Kaanjiramattum Mosque
- Wavar Mosque, Ermeli
- If you want to know more about beautiful Kerala
Kerala in India is unlike any other state. Its natural beauty, especially its remote areas and beaches, is captivating. A trip to Kerala therefore offers a beautiful combination of spirituality, sightseeing and relaxation surrounded by beautiful locations. Finally, if you haven't already, plan a trip to this beautiful state to bring back lasting memories.
- 10 Reasons Why Triund Trek is the Best Trek in India
- A Guide to Booking Your Adventure
- Adventure Tour Company
- Best Time to Visit Ladakh
- Camping Places in Himachal
- Hidden Himalayas
- Himalaya adventure
- How tall is the largest tree in the world
- Kedarnath Yatra Package
- Nepal Trekking
- Trekking in Mcleodganj
- Trekking in Dharamshala
- 10 Tips to Travel with Children
- Dharamshala Cricket Stadium
- Top 10 Hotels in Mcledoganj
- 10 Tips for Booking Affordable Accommodation
- My Mcleodganj Trips 2023
- 10 Must See Summer Destinations in India
- The Mystical Caves of Meghalaya
- Hidden Gems Uncovering Indian Offbeat Destinations
- Kerala often referred to as Gods Own Country
- Discovering The Heritage of Pudicherry
- Exploring The Unexplored Offbeat Trails of Himachal Pradesh
- The Hidden Treasures of Himachal Pradesh
- Kasol Trekking Places
- Kullu Manali Informative Blog
- Complete Information ABout Trekking Places in India
- Nepal Treks
- Charming India Righly Called a Travelers Paradise
- Best attractions in Bastar
- 10 Tourrist Sports and attractions in Orchha
- What to See in New Delhi
- Famous Cities and Forts of Kerala