Langtang Ganjala Trek
The Ganja-La Pass is one of the most challenging passes (5,220m.) in Nepal. This wedge in the Himalayas is situated at an altitude of 5,106m in. Our Langtang trek takes you over this pass as you make your way south from Langtang village, which lies at 3,500m in and is the Langtang National Park head quarters is located here. The route from Kyangjing Gompa in Langtang to Tarke Ghyang in Helambu, require crossing the 5,100m. Ganja-La. The pass is blocked by snow, so local inquiries about its condition. Good equipment and some mountaineering experience are necessary for safe crossing. The Helambu village exydes a Tibetan feel and you will see fields enclosed by stonewalls as well as herds of yaks, the most important animal for the people here. From Sermathang, we descend to Bahunpati before Melamche Bazaar then drive back to Kathmandu.
Facts Of The Trek
Itinerary In Details
- Cost Per Person: (N/A) Click here for for further details.
- National Park entry permit
- Trekking permit
- Land transportation to and fro
- Accommodation in lodges during the trek
- Food: three meals a day
- A guide & required number of porter (s)
- Essential equipment.
- Personal expenses
- Emergency evacuation by Helicopter
- Alternative transportation in case of heavy rain, landslide, strike and road blockade etc.