Mustang is a very popular trekking region in Nepal and has been described as “desert in the mountain”. The trek to this region is a very rewarding one for those who want to experience the hospitality of the people living in this remote region. Department of immigration issued only a small number of special permit since 1991. This is a perfect destination where ample scope is offered for visiting Buddhists monasteries. This semi autonomous and heavily Tibetan influenced region was “described by Tilman as fascinatingly ugly country, the more fascinating for being so little known” indeed, the trek to LO – Manthang is through an almost treeless barren landscape, a steep rocky trail up and down hill, panoramic view of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and several others peaks make your trek memorable. A liaison officer is needed for this trek. This trek begins from Jomsom – accessible by air, Pokhara – accessible by road or Besisahar – accessible by road (If starting from Besisahar include Annapurna circuit too).
Facts Of The Trek
Lo – Manthnag
Itinerary In Details
- Cost Per Person: (N/A) Click here for for further details.
- National Park entry permit
- Trekking permit
- Land transportation to and fro
- Accommodation in lodges during the trek
- Food: three meals a day
- A guide & required number of porter (s)
- Essential equipment.
- Personal expenses
- Emergency evacuation by Helicopter
- Alternative transportation in case of heavy rain, landslide, strike and road blockade etc.