This region is new territory for trekkers. Trekking off the main paths is not only possible, but can be immensely rewarding, though you do need a sense of adventure and an increased ability to deal with unexpected.Geographically, Dhaulagiri region is a land of dramatic contrast. From the near tropical Pokhara valley, steep slopes climb to snowcapped Himalayan giants. Dhaulagiri 1, the seventh tallest peak in the world, towers high above the well-trekked Muktinath pilgrim trail up the Kali Gandaki valley.
The vast massif screens the hidden land of Dolpo to its north west. Following the rivers upstream, ferns and forests of oak and other deciduous trees and juniper are interesting. Mountain sides of rhododendron blaze with colour in the spring, and other flowers are abundant on the trail. Even on high mountain passes above the tree line, tiny alpine flowers can be found dotting the windswept ground.
Facts Of The Trek
Dhaulagiri base camp, French pass, Hidden valley
Itinerary In Details
- Cost Per Person: (N/A) Click here for for further details.
- National Park entry permit
- Trekking permit
- Land transportation to and fro
- Accommodation in lodges during the trek
- Food: three meals a day
- A guide & required number of porter (s)
- Essential equipment.
- Personal expenses
- Emergency evacuation by Helicopter
- Alternative transportation in case of heavy rain, landslide, strike and road blockade etc.