Embraced by the fascinating charm of the Dhauladhar Range and adorned with the enchanting beauty of Dharamshala, Triund trek proves to be a soothing trek in the country. A popular trekking destination in Himachal Pradesh, this salubrious hill entices its visitors with all its natural grandeur and appeal. While in Triund, you can easily gape in the astounding Dhauladhar Range on one side and the charismatic Kangra Valley on the other. While the enthrallment of the terrains, the tricky and tiresome curves on the way makes Triund a true treasure trove for the trekkers, its pristine and soothing ambiance make it an ultimate relaxing destination. Night camping at the Triund top will be one of the best camping experiences you will ever have. As you continue your trek you will come across some of the best views of the mountain ranges and the dense forest. Trekking down beside the gushing waters will make your trip more memorable. Sleep beneath the blanket of a starry sky and admire the inky blue sky. The place features the energetic and unmistakable Tibetan culture, and you will be captivated to see the impressive cloisters, supplication banners and wheels, and the lamas. Trekking in Triund would be one of the most memorable trekking expeditions.
Triund trek Highlights:
- Get a chance to witness the many small hamlets and stream through the trek. Feast your eyes as you witness the beauty of the whole region from the top.
- Feast your eyes at the majestic view of the Dhauladhar ranges on one side and Kangra valley on the other
- Enjoy camping at a high summit and the clear night sky under the billions of stars. Also, enjoy a small bonfire with your friends.
- Trek through some of the most beautiful forests of alpine and fir, Rhododendron and Oak.
- Get a chance to witness the rare flora and fauna of this region as you continue your trek.
- Also, taste the local cuisine of this region while you head out for this trek.
Day 1 – Mcleodganj to Triund (2875 metres / 9 KM / 4 Hours)
Report at the Base Camp Mcleodganj Bus Stand before 10:00 AM and start the trek to Triund.
It is a beautiful walk through mixed forests of deodar, oak, and rhododendron. Triund is situated on a ridge with a beautiful view of whole Kangra valley on one side and the Dhauladhar mountain range on the other.
Check into the camps upon arrival for dinner and overnight stay in your camps
Note : In case of heavy snowfall at Triund hill go for day hike with stay in mcleodganj in camps and take cash refund of INR 100 per person. 100% refund will not possible.
Day 2 – Triund to Mcleodganj and Departure (9 KM / 3 Hours)
Wake up to a mesmerizing sunrise at Triund and check out from camps after breakfast.
Start trekking back to the base camp located at Mcleodganj. to end your trek
- Accommodation in tents on sharing basis
- 1 Breakfast and 1 dinner (Vegetarian food)
- All necessary permits and entry fees for the trek
- All the trek equipment like tent, sleeping bag etc (but for hygiene purpose, you are recommended to bring your own sleeping bag, if you have).
- All safety equipment, first aid kit etc
Things To Carry7
- Warm and comfortable clothes
- Good quality trekking shoes, slippers and extra pair of socks
- Sunscreen lotion or any other skin moisturisers
- Water bottles, trendy backpack and energy bars/snacks
- A pair of sunglasses and camera
- Caps or hats
- Personal toiletries and basic medication (if any)
- Flash light (with spare batteries)
- Insect repellent and emergency medical kit
- Camping on the summit depends on the forest department permissions. If permissions are not there then the camping is done 2 kms below the summit.
- GST is applicable to the tour cost
- Any meals or transfers not mentioned in the itinerary are not included in the package cost
- Any personal expenses or items of persoal nature will not be in part fo the deal
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- The trekkers must abide by the advice and instructions of the trek leaders.
- Any no show or changes in the trek due to extreme climatic condition, the package will not qualify for any refund policy.
- This is a group tour
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-30 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days