Clothing Equipment Accessories
Certain basic trekking equipment is essential on all routes I described in this site. Depending on the area and season, I will provide you with a comprehensive list of necessities.
Here are some recommended Equipment List for trekking in Nepal Himalayas. Clothing Equipment Accessories
- Lightweight walking boots. If new one is being bought, “ walk then in” to avoid blisters. Also bring spare laces.
- A pair of track shoes. To wear in the camp at night or when the boot is wet.
- Warm jacket. Fiber fill or down should be adequate. This is especially necessary during winter
from December to February.
- A rainproof jacket with hood or a poncho. Get the one that is guaranteed waterproof.
- Woolen shirts and thick sweaters. During winter months, December through February these
items are essential. Thick sweaters can be purchased in Kathmandu.
- A pair of lightweight/ heavy weight trousers. Jeans are unsuitable to wear on treks. Cheap
loose cotton pants are available in Kathmandu.
- Heavyweight trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
Windproof/ waterproof trousers are necessary on all treks going above 10.00ft.
- Thermal underwear. These are excellent to sleep in at night in the winter months
thermal underwear are quite invaluable.
- A tracksuit useful for wearing in camp and in the tent. 2 pair of loose fitting long shorts/ skirts.
1 lightweight long sleeved –shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.
- A woolen hat to wear in the morning and at night. During winter it is an essential item. A
sunhat and ensure it has a wide brim to cover the face and neck.
A pair of gloves. Leather with lining and woolen are best.
1 pair of sandals to wear in the cities and in camp.
2 pairs of thin and 2 pair of thick woolen socks.
Underwear” normal quantity and swimming costume, hankies. Clothing Equipment Accessories
Equipment and Accessories
- Duffle bag or kit bag to carry to gear while trekking
- Daypack: This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirement for the day e.g. toilet
items, camera, film towel, soap, a boot etc.
- Water bottle.
- Snow glasses and sunglasses
- 2-4 large plastic bags to separate clean clothes from dirty ones. 6-10 smaller plastic bags
to dispose garbage.
- Wallet and /or money belt with compartment for coins.
- Toiletries with large and small towels. Toilet paper can be by in Kathmandu and some villages
in the mountains.
- Small headlamp and/ or torch with spare batteries and bulbs candles and lighter to burn
- Snow gaiters essential during wither and all treks going over at other times.
- An umbrella (optional), which is quite useful to as a sunshade and useful when it rains.
- Reading materials, camera and film, game items (optional), note book, rubber band, pen
and pencil, envelopes, a diary, a calendar, a pocket knife, binoculars (optional), a small pillow
or headrest (optional). Thermoses (optional)- an inflatable sleeping mat, trekking
map, adequate quantities of passport photograph Clothing Equipment Accessories