Rohini Bugyal Trek
Rohini Bugyal Trek is a captivating trekking route nestled in the majestic Himalayas of Uttarakhand, India. Here's an overview of the trek:
- Location: Rohini Bugyal Trek is located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, offering trekkers mesmerizing views of the Himalayan peaks and lush green meadows.
- Scenery: The trekking trail passes through dense forests, alpine meadows (bugyals), gushing streams, and picturesque landscapes, providing trekkers with an immersive experience amidst nature's splendor.
- Difficulty Level: Rohini Bugyal Trek is of moderate difficulty, suitable for both novice and experienced trekkers. The terrain is moderately challenging, with gradual ascents and descents along the route.
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to embark on the Rohini Bugyal Trek is during the summer and autumn months, from April to November. During this period, the weather is pleasant, and the bugyals are adorned with vibrant flowers, creating a stunning visual spectacle.
- Attractions: Trekkers on the Rohini Bugyal Trek can explore the serene bugyals, interact with the local flora and fauna, and witness breathtaking vistas of snow-capped peaks such as Bandarpoonch and Swargarohini.
- Duration: The duration of the Rohini Bugyal Trek typically ranges from 4 to 6 days, allowing trekkers to fully immerse themselves in the tranquility of the Himalayan wilderness.
Overall, Rohini Bugyal Trek offers a rejuvenating retreat amidst nature's bounty, making it an ideal destination for trekkers seeking adventure and serenity in the lap of the Himalayas.
Rohini Bugyal in Chopta
Rohini Bugyal, located in the charming region of Chopta in Uttarakhand, India, is a picturesque alpine meadow that entices travelers and trekkers with its natural beauty. Here's an overview:
- Location: Rohini Bugyal is situated in Chopta, a serene hill station nestled in the Garhwal Himalayas. It is known for its lush green meadows, dense forests, and breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks.
- Scenery: The landscape of Rohini Bugyal is adorned with vibrant flowers, including rhododendrons, making it a paradise for nature lovers and photographers. The meadow offers panoramic vistas of the surrounding mountains and valleys, creating a serene and tranquil atmosphere.
- Activities: Visitors to Rohini Bugyal can indulge in a variety of activities, including trekking, birdwatching, photography, and meditation amidst nature's tranquility. The meadow is also an ideal spot for camping and picnics, allowing travelers to immerse themselves in the beauty of the Himalayas.
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to explore Rohini Bugyal is during the summer and autumn months, from April to November. During this period, the weather is pleasant, and the meadow is adorned with colorful flowers, offering travelers a delightful visual treat.
- Accessibility: Chopta, the gateway to Rohini Bugyal, is well-connected by road from major cities in Uttarakhand. The nearest railway station is in Rishikesh, and the nearest airport is in Dehradun, providing easy access to Chopta for travelers.
Overall, Rohini Bugyal in Chopta is a hidden gem in the Garhwal Himalayas, offering travelers an opportunity to reconnect with nature and experience the serene beauty of the mountains.
Deoria Tal – Rohni Bugyal - Chandrashila Summit Trek Itinerary
Below is the daywise detailed itinerary for the Deoria Tal – Rohni Bugyal - Chandrashila Summit Trek:
Day 1: Arrival in Sari Village
Arrive at Sari Village, the starting point of the trek. Acclimatize to the altitude and explore the surroundings.
Day 2: Trek to Deoria Tal
Start the trek to Deoria Tal after breakfast. Enjoy the scenic trail through dense forests and picturesque landscapes. Reach Deoria Tal and camp overnight.
Day 3: Deoria Tal to Rohni Bugyal
Begin the trek to Rohni Bugyal, another beautiful alpine meadow. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Himalayas along the way. Set up camp at Rohni Bugyal and spend the night.
Day 4: Trek to Chopta
Embark on the trek to Chopta, known as the Mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand. Enjoy the scenic beauty and reach Chopta by evening. Camp overnight.
Day 5: Trek to Chandrashila Summit
Start the trek to Chandrashila Summit early in the morning to witness the sunrise. Reach the summit and marvel at the panoramic views of the Himalayas. Descend to Chopta and camp overnight.
Day 6: Return to Sari Village
After breakfast, trek back to Sari Village, marking the end of the trek. Depart for your onward journey with fond memories of the Deoria Tal – Rohni Bugyal - Chandrashila Summit Trek.
This itinerary provides a comprehensive outline of the trekking route and highlights the key attractions along the way.
Location of Deoria Tal – Rohni Bugyal - Chandrashila Summit Trek
The trek starts from Sari Village, which is situated in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand, India.
Sari Village serves as the base camp for this trekking route.
The trail then leads through various scenic spots including Deoria Tal, Rohni Bugyal, Chopta, and finally to Chandrashila Summit.
These locations are nestled amidst the majestic Himalayan ranges, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes.
Overall, the trek offers a unique opportunity to explore the natural beauty of the Uttarakhand region.
How to Reach Rohini Bugyal
Rohini Bugyal can be reached through the following route:
- By Air: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, which is well-connected to major cities in India. From the airport, one can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach the starting point of the trek.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station is Haridwar Railway Station, which is well-connected to major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai. From Haridwar, one can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Sari Village, the base camp for the trek to Rohini Bugyal.
- By Road: Sari Village, the starting point of the trek, is well-connected by road. One can take a bus or hire a taxi from Haridwar, Rishikesh, or other nearby towns to reach Sari Village. The journey offers scenic views of the Garhwal Himalayas.
It's advisable to check the weather conditions and road accessibility before planning the journey, especially during the monsoon season.
What is Rohini Bugyal famous for?
Rohini Bugyal is renowned for its:
- Scenic beauty: Rohini Bugyal offers breathtaking panoramic views of the Himalayas, lush green meadows, and pristine landscapes.
- Trekking destination: It is a popular trekking destination known for its relatively easy trails and picturesque surroundings, attracting adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers.
- Flora and fauna: The Bugyal is home to diverse flora and fauna, making it an ideal destination for nature enthusiasts and wildlife photographers.
- Peaceful ambiance: Visitors often experience a sense of tranquility and peace amidst the serene environment of Rohini Bugyal, making it an ideal getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life.
These factors contribute to the charm and allure of Rohini Bugyal, making it a must-visit destination for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
Places to See in Chopta
Chopta, nestled in the Garhwal Himalayas, offers a variety of captivating attractions. Some of the must-visit places include:
- Tungnath Temple: It is the highest Shiva temple in the world and holds immense religious significance.
- Chandrashila Peak: Located near Tungnath, it offers breathtaking panoramic views of the Himalayas and is a popular trekking destination.
- Deoria Tal: A pristine lake surrounded by lush greenery and snow-capped peaks, offering stunning reflections.
- Rohini Bugyal: A picturesque meadow with stunning vistas of the Himalayan range and verdant landscapes.
- Kanchula Korak Musk Deer Sanctuary: Home to various species of flora and fauna, including the endangered Musk Deer.
These attractions make Chopta an ideal destination for nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and spiritual seekers alike.
Chopta, often referred to as the "Mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand," is a charming hill station located in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, India. Situated at an altitude of around 2,680 meters above sea level, Chopta offers breathtaking views of the majestic Himalayan peaks, including Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Chaukhamba.
Known for its serene ambiance and lush green meadows, Chopta serves as the base for several trekking expeditions, including the famous Tungnath and Chandrashila treks. The region is adorned with dense forests of rhododendron, oak, and pine trees, making it a haven for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
Chopta also holds spiritual significance as it is home to the ancient Tungnath Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple, nestled amidst the scenic surroundings, attracts devotees and tourists alike.
With its pleasant weather, pristine environment, and enchanting landscapes, Chopta offers a perfect retreat for travelers seeking solace amidst nature's bounty.
UTTARAKHAND TREKKING TOURS